Ofsted & School Performance
Foulds School was judged to be Good in January 2019.
Overall Effectiveness: Good
Effectiveness of leadership and management: Good
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment: Good
Personal development, behaviour and welfare: Outstanding
Outcomes for pupils: Good
Early years provision: Good
Inspection date: 16 - 17 January 2019
The Ofsted inspectors highlighted these key strengths in our school:
- The headteacher provides strong and dynamic leadership. She and her leaders evaluate the school’s effectiveness with clarity and accuracy.
- Teachers and support staff are skilled in helping pupils to develop their understanding in mathematics and reading.
- Safeguarding is effective. There is a strong culture of safeguarding across the school community. The school is a safe place to learn and develop.
- Pupils behave extremely well. They are unfailingly friendly, respectful and polite.
- The curriculum is broad, balanced and effective in contributing to pupil’s academic progress. It is enhanced by a wide variety of inclusive extra-curricular clubs and activities. These enrich pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Leaders help pupils to progress well through making effective use of teachers’ expertise in certain subjects, such as PE and French.
- Leaders responsible for the early years provide a range of interesting and varied activities to stimulate and engage children’s interest. Children enjoy learning. They develop positive learning habits, as well as the social skills they need to help them form friendships.
- Parents, carers, staff and pupils are overwhelmingly positive about the school, its leadership, its values and its contribution to the pupils’ education.
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) make strong progress from their starting points.
View the 2019 report below
Click on the icon below to visit the Ofsted website and view/download all the school's Ofsted reports.
Click on the icon below to see the national performance tables, including those for Foulds.